After you have taken care of your Main Door and the Slope, the next Important Consideration regarding the Vastu of a place is the location of different Rooms in the House.
Let’s look at the Ideal locations:
- Master Bedroom – South-West
- Other Bedrooms – South and/or West
- Guest Room – North-West
- Drawing Room/Living Room – North-West
- Kitchen – South-East
- Meditation/Puja/Prayer Room – North-East
- Study – East
- Toilets/Bathrooms – North-West and/or South-East
- Store Room – South
- Staircase – South, South-West or West
- Open Spaces/Terraces – East, North, North-East and the Center
- If Your Bedroom is in South-West or South. That’s great.
- Children’s Bedroom is good in the West.
- But South-West should not be left open or vacant.
- If you have your children’s bedroom in South-West then they will dominate the house.
- If your bedroom is in the South-East you will have constant fights, heartburns and/or high blood pressure.
- If your bedroom is in North-East you will have the least importance or influence in the house.
- If your bedroom is in the North-West you will be unsettled, wavering, ungrounded and/or have mood swings.
- The bed should always be placed in the South-West side of the room.
- Now this might be shocking to a lot of Vastu pundits but this report is to break the myths not support the wrong popular beliefs. So here it is…* The correct sleep position is North-South or East-West. Your head being in either North or East and legs in South or West. The popular belief says that you should never have your head in the North and their reason for this belief is that the Earth’s North-South axis Magnetic radiation benefits you when your head is in the South. Now, this is totally wrong. The Magneto-therapists clearly state that the best position to sleep is North-South with your head in the North to get the health benefits of the natural North-South Magnetic vibes.
- Open beams in any room are always bad for the health. Never place your bed near or under an open beam. Do not sit under a beam. Many times people just invite trouble when they extend rooms and that results in a heavy open beam in the room. Whosoever has to spend time there will be disturbed health wise, the children there would not be able to concentrate on their studies. In the center of the room it creates too much disharmony. Best solution is to not have any open beam. If not possible, then the next best solution is to paste 2 LIFE CARDS parallel and opposite to each other on the walls just under the beam. This is something that only LIFE CARDS can do. It’s like magic, the moment you put 2 LIFE CARDS under the beam, the beam’s pressure just vanishes as if there is no beam there.
- A TV in the bedroom will always produce disturbing energies which will affect your sleep at night. Neither is it good for harmony between the couple. But if still you insist on having a TV in your bedroom, paste a LIFE CARD anywhere on the front panel of your TV, of course I don’t mean the screen. And cover it with a thick cloth/cover at night.
- A mirror placed at any angle in the bedroom, if it reflects the bed is considered bad for your health as per Feng Shui. If you cannot remove the mirror from your bedroom, cover the mirror with a thick cloth/cover whenever you sleep .
- Plants and Deities photos in the bedroom is a no-no.
- Candles or fire place in the southern side of the bedroom is good.
- For correcting any problem regarding the bedroom, a simple option is to always keep a LIFE CARD with you and your spouse [Place the card under you while sleeping].
- Drawing Room is best in North-West or East.
- If Your Drawing Room or Guest Room is in the South-West or South, then the guests will dominate you.
- The Center of the house should always be open or vacant. If it is heavy, paste 2 LIFE CARDS parallel to each other on the opposite walls covering the center of the house.
- The servant’s room should not be in the South-West or South. Otherwise, they will dominate the house.
- The East, North and North-East should be light and open. If any side is heavy, paste 2 LIFE CARDS parallel to each other on the opposite walls covering that part of the house.
- The South-West, South and West should be heavy.
- If you have a staircase (it’s very heavy energy wise) anywhere in the East, North, North-East or Center of your home, office, shop or factory; then if you cannot shift the staircase anywhere else, the best option is to place 2 LIFE CARDS parallel and opposite to each other on the walls just under the staircase. Again, this is something that only LIFE CARDS can do. It’s like magic, the moment you put 2 LIFE CARDS under the staircase, the energetically the staircase just vanishes as if no staircase is there.
- Toilets are best placed in North-West and South-East. Never have a toilet under a stair-case.
- If Your Toilet is in the South-West or North-East then that is not good for your health or wealth. For SW toilet, you may paste pyramids on the door and the outer walls of the toilet. For NE toilet cover the door and the outer walls of the toilet with mirrors. Or for both, you can simply correct the defect by pasting one LIFE CARD on the outer walls of the toilets.
- If your toilet is in the North, it will block your income, prosperity and/or business projects. Cover the door and the outer walls of the toilet with mirrors. Or correct it by pasting a LIFE CARD on the outer wall of the toilet.
- Mirror inside the toilet and bathroom should ideally be placed on the Eastern or Northern wall.
- The toilet seat lid should always be closed after use. The toilet door should always be shut. The toilet should be always kept clean.
- Kitchen is best placed in South-East.
- If Your Kitchen is in the South-West or North-East, then that is not good for your health and harmony. For both, you can correct by pasting a LIFE CARD on the inner wall of the kitchen on the South-West or North-East wall respectively.
- If your Kitchen is in the North, then it is not good for your prosperity. Correct it by pasting a PROSPERITY ATTRACTOR CARD or a LIFE CARD on the inner wall of the kitchen on the North wall.
- If your Kitchen is in the North-West, then it is considered to be putting a Fire at the Heaven’s gate in Feng Shui. It is considered extremely inauspicious. Correct it by pasting a LIFE CARD on the inner wall of the kitchen on the North or North-West wall.
- The Stove is very important in Feng Shui and it is believed that a Prosperity Deva/Angel resides in the stove of the house. So if any sharp object like knife is left open in the kitchen with the sharp blade facing the stove, it is considered to be showing a knife to the Prosperity Deva/Angel of the house. So there should be nothing hanging over the stove. The knives and sharp objects should be kept away from the stove. The stove should be kept as clean as possible.
- The stove should ideally be placed in the South-East side of the Kitchen.
- The sink and the stove should never be side by side as it is like putting water and fire, both opposing elements together. Correct this by pasting a LIFE CARD on the side of the stove facing the sink.
- The cook should face East, North or North-East while cooking.
A Very Important Consideration regarding Your Health, Prosperity and Success:
The direction you face while sitting in your office, while studying or the direction you face the most while sitting doing anything at home.
- Always face East, North or North-East.
- Never face a wall while sitting. If the study table of your child has a bookcase atop it, just cut off the bookcase. It’s a heavy burden over your child’s mind. Children will do much better at school if they face East while studying.
- Do not sit with your back to the door or a window. It results in back-biting and/or back-stabbing as per Feng Shui.
- As per Feng Shui, the place behind you is the domain of the Tortoise symbolizing a solid back. Which means there should be a solid wall behind your chair.
- The area in front is the domain of the Phoenix symbolizing spreading your wings and moving forward. For which there should be enough open space in front of your desk.
- The area to your left is the domain of the Dragon symbolizing the upward thrust. For which ideally you can place a plant or have a little open space to the left of your desk.
- The area to your right is the domain of the Tiger symbolizing the guard, the protection. For which ideally you can place a small enclosure or a low table to the right of your desk.
So, the above are the considerations you must take into account while planning your interior decoration and allotment of different rooms and spaces for different purposes.
These are time tested ideas. Try them now….
But before you go, here is a Protection Tip:
Always paste a White Armor on the extreme South-West wall of your home and office, wherever that wall might be. This will protect your home and office from most psychic attacks and evil eyes.
Ok, I’m in good mood, here’s another, a Prosperity Tip:
Always paste a a PROSPERITY ATTRACTOR CARD or a LIFE CARD on the extreme South-East wall of your home and office, again wherever that wall may be. Also always keep a PROSPERITY ATTRACTOR CARD or a LIFE CARD in your wallet, lockers/drawers (where you keep your valuables and money).
To your health, success and prosperity…